Landscape design flower garden: stylish and beautiful solutions
It is very easy to turn an empty garden plot into a beautifully designed garden with the help of a simple flower garden. Landscape garden design can be designed independently, without relying on the tastes of the designer, who knows nothing about your preferences. And this is not as difficult as it seems at first glance.
Features and layout
There are many ways to translate their creative ideas into reality. Flowers can be planted in rows, combined with other plants or supplemented with decorative elements.
There are several main types of flower gardens:
- Parterre. This word means a wide flower garden, which is located in the center of the plot and attracts all the attention to itself. Most often, these flower beds have a rectangular or square shape. Plants on them are planted in rows, combining contrasting shades.
- For registration of the territory you can use rabatki. These are neat rows of flowers that line the paths in the garden. For rabatok choose low flowers with neat buds.
- For registration of the entrance area are used tapeworms and bright flowers. They must be visible from afar to immediately draw attention to the entrance to the garden or to the site.
Choosing a style
Dressing a flower garden occurs according to certain rules.
There are several of the most popular styles in the landscape:
- French is considered one of the most charming. It originated in the XIX century and since then has been actively gaining popularity. Flower gardens in the French style neat, smooth and have a clear form.
- Less thought out is the English style. It is chosen by those who love flowers, but do not want to spend all their free time to maintain the flower garden in perfect order. English style is easy negligence.Here it is permissible to combine flowers with wild plants and allow them to grow in all directions.
- Near the house in the style of rustic or country, too, you can create a simple flower garden. A flower bed in a rustic style can be located not only on the ground or next to the path. Often flowers are grown in places that are unsuitable for this purpose, such as a cart or barrel. It looks very picturesque and unusual, especially if the low flowers complement the graceful shoots of honeysuckle or ivy, going down to the ground.
Where to arrange a flower garden?
For a beautiful flower bed, you can find a place in any of the zones of your site.
Near the entrance
Just as the theater begins with a hanger, the summer cottage begins with the entrance path. If before the entrance to the garden or to the site a colorful flower garden is broken, then everyone will immediately see that people live here who appreciate the beautiful, and know how to create beauty around themselves.
Most correctly for the flower bed at the entrance to pick up a few central tall plants, several medium and a number of dwarf.
In the center of the composition can be a lily or a rose, surrounded on all sides by evergreen thujas, sage, sedum and balsamic.
Along the track
With the help of flowers, garden paths can be improved. This design does not require special cash outlay. For landing next to the track is recommended to use unpretentious perennials. For example, asters, Potentilla, mountaineer or zivuchku.
In the center of the garden
The central flower arrangement in the garden usually stands out among all the other plants and becomes a real decoration of the area next to the house. In the center of the garden you can place a beautiful sunbed, consisting of hibiscus, petunias and junipers. Or, on the contrary, to collect in one place all the brightest flowers, combining them together so that they form a rainbow circle.
Bright butterflies will become an additional “live” accessory of the flower garden in the center of the garden. They can be lured to a bed, picking the right flowers. Most of all these insects attract plants such as echinacea, zinnia, sage.
At the arbor
A small decorative flower garden looks great and next to the gazebo. A round gazebo is easiest to arrange flowers around the perimeter. And if it is rectangular or square, you can plant flowers next to it in even squares of different colors.Separate parts of this flower garden can be with the help of scrap materials - sand, sawdust or chalk.
In addition to the plants that exist in nature, there are a huge number of flowers bred by florists. This doubles the number of plants that can be used to decorate flower beds.
All of them have their own characteristics. Some are more refined in appearance, but less resistant to natural whims. Others, on the contrary, are able to survive both rains and frosts, but outwardly they do not differ much from wild plants. For the design of a flower bed and fit those and others.
For lazy gardeners, perennial plants are the most beneficial find. They should be planted in early spring. These plants bloom almost three seasons in a row.
There are exquisite pillow perennials that trail along the ground. These include stachis, yaskolka, sagin, periwinkle and others. The main advantage of cushion flowers is that they hide the ground and serve as an excellent basis for creating a bright flower garden.
Perennial plants may be. For example, tulips, lilies or daffodils.
Planting such a flower, you can admire its beauty for several years in a row.
More capricious plants with a short lifespan. Annual flowers will decorate your flower garden only one season. They are planted at the beginning of summer, and after the plant has faded, its seeds are collected so that the gardener can give him life next year.
How to choose flowers?
The most common shades of colors used in landscape design are red and orange. Neutral basis for the finished composition can serve as a green and silver. Other colors are used for accents and drawing attention.
In addition to flowers, you need to take into account other points. The plants you choose should be combined in shape. It is also worth picking up those flowers that bloom either at the same time or one after the other. So your flower garden will look colorful and attract attention.
So that your efforts are not wasted, do not plant flowers in a flower garden to healthy plants that are affected by some kind of infection. It will infect other plants, making the flowerbed quickly lose its appeal.
Keep in mind that all types of plants have their own wishes in terms of lighting and humidity. Flowers such as lilac or black thorns come alive in the shade. The penumbra is suitable for growing begonias, lilies and ferns. Tulips, daffodils or sunflowers love sunny color. If you plant the plants in the right place, they will bloom and smell, delighting you with their appearance.
Tips on creating
If for the first time you create a flower garden with your own hands, then you should not experiment, planting seeds in a chaotic manner. Think over in advance how you want to see it, and, if possible, even sketch a project on paper. This sketch will be the reference point, which will allow you to calculate the number of seeds and the location of flowers.
It is necessary to calculate the time of planting flowers. Calculate everything so that the plants bloom in the seasons, and there were no such months when the flowerbed is empty. This is not so difficult to do, because there are many types of plants that bloom at different times of the year.
And when all the plants are planted and the time has come for their active flowering, do not be discouraged if something went wrong.The reasons for this may be different: some flowers fully demonstrate their beauty, only a few years later, others are afraid of rain or drought. Even if the flower garden in a private courtyard is not designed perfectly, it does not matter.
Peculiarities of care
Planting plants in accordance with their sketches is not enough.
For the flower garden you need to constantly care for, maintaining its neat and lively look:
- In order for the plants to bloom and smell, the ground must be regularly fertilized. The easiest way to do this is to use manure diluted with water in a ratio of 1: 3. A more concentrated solution will harm the flowers. As an alternative to manure, you can use nitrogen or phosphate fertilizers, which can be bought at almost every gardening shop. Also, simple ash is suitable as a fertilizer.
- Also, of course, do not forget about regular watering and weeding the flower bed. Without enough water, the plants will dry up, and if they are not weeded, the weeds will clog the flowerbed.
Making a beautiful flower garden is not so difficult. You do not need to have professional education or special skills. A fairly well developed taste and desire to decorate your site, and the rest will come with practice.And after a few years, flower beds in your suburban area will look no worse than alpine slides, created by professionals.
How to break a beautiful flower garden, see the next video.