Ephedra in landscape design: beautiful compositions
Modern landscape design offers many different types of conifers, among which even the most fastidious gardeners can choose. Coniferous plants are always very popular among those who choose them for planting in the country or various country estates, because their wonderful smell always reminds of a real forest. With the help of coniferous plants, you can create whole compositions or simply successfully place them in flowerbeds.
In addition, the ephedra absolutely unpretentious, because they are perfectly coexist, for example, with deciduous species of plants, and also look great on the lawn.
Features: pros and cons
Coniferous plants, like any other, have their advantages and disadvantages, to which professional gardeners include:
- The ephedra perfectly coexist where there is a lack of sunlight, so do not be afraid to plant them, for example, behind the house, if you decide to create a small flower bed there.
- Most of the varieties of conifers "love" and accept a haircut, as a result of which they grow in the forms in which they are cut. Here you should not forget the basic rules of cutting, which gardeners use in order not to damage the plants.
- Some coniferous shrubs themselves have the correct geometric shapes, so they do not need to be cut regularly.
- The ephedra are evergreens. They will delight you all year round. Such plants are often acquired not only to land near the house, but also for planting near various public places. Conifers and shrubs look beautiful all year round and attract a lot of attention, especially if they are well-groomed.
- Such plants have a very good root system, thanks to which they do not require regular watering and can go without water for a long time. If you have a very dry or stony soil with sand, then you should not worry.The ephedra will grow in such a land.
- Coniferous plants can be planted singly or create whole compositions with their help. Whole conifers hedges are very popular, but for their full-scale cultivation it takes a lot of time and effort.
- Any areas with such plants will not leave indifferent neighbors and attract a lot of attention.
- A big plus is the pleasant aroma of coniferous plants and their healing properties. In the opinion of many experts, different kinds of conifers of the varieties have a very positive effect not only on the general condition of a person, but also on his health as a whole, and sometimes altogether contribute to the cure of certain diseases. But even if you do not believe in it, it is certain that plants can filter the air, which is why it is so easy for people to breathe fresh and purified air in forests and parks.
By minor drawbacks can be attributed quite meticulous care for such plants, as well as the fact that they grow for a very long time to full shrubs and trees. Often it takes years. Fast growing trees unit.
Today in the world there are many varieties of conifers, but not all of them will grow in different climatic zones.First of all, a general classification of such plants should be given.
- Small and creeping. Pomerania of small size can be advantageously combined with medium or, conversely, tall trees. The smallest creeping plants include those with which you can even create a kind of lawn. Be sure to take a look at the mountain pine Mini Pug, this cushion pine has a very unusual appearance.
A very beautiful emerald shade of spruce called Lombers can certainly become the highlight of your garden.
- Average. With the help of medium-sized conifers, you can decorate flowerbeds or make a small hedge around the house. For this, medium-grown varieties of spruce are suitable, which are very unpretentious in care, but at the same time grow to medium sizes. For example, Konica spruce. We also recommend to pay attention to the berry yew, which is sure to attract attention with its bright red berries. No less attractive looks and golden yew, having a cup shape. In addition, it is perfectly adjacent to various plants. Western thujas have round shapes. If you take care of them regularly, then it will be impossible to take your eyes off coniferous balls.
- High. The most sought-after tall trees include: thawed western, tall juniper trees and pine. Also included here are pigeon fir. Western thuja is ideal for planting even in the most shaded areas, because the lack of sun will not affect its growth. Very often with its help make the so-called living fences and hedges. Some species of pine reach unprecedented heights, they can be planted where you like. If you do not want a very high growth of a tree or shrub up, then take care of regular pinching shoots of the plant. However, pinching should be constant, otherwise your plant will grow in an incomprehensible form and will cease to please your eye.
Also to the popular variety of high fir trees are the thorny Hoopsie spruce, which can grow to almost fifteen meters.
Combining plants of different colors allows you to get the most unusual and memorable color effects. If there are a lot of small coniferous shrubs in the garden, then a large spruce will stand out perfectly against their background. With the help of skillful transitions from different shades and shapes, you can create a truly royal garden right at home or in the country. However, all this requires a lot of patience and time.
Sophisticated landscape design requires special skill. In order to skillfully plant several plants in different colors and shades, it is very important to know how much this or that species loves "neighborhood". In addition, you need to own a cutting technique and know how to properly water and care for coniferous plants, as well as whether to cover them for the winter.
In general, according to gardeners, it is quite easy to combine the colors of various conifers. The main point here is the presence of fantasy, as well as the opportunity to experiment.
For example, one of the options for a successful combination of trees can be the following conifers: blue spruce, western thuja, medium juniper bushes and mountain pine. Of course, you can diversify any ready-made combination with other coniferous plants, for example, with roses and, finally, with decorative stones.
Create a composition
The most demanded plants that are involved in the creation of ready-made landscape design compositions include the following conifers:
- Thuy very different species. The most popular are: Thuja western, eastern, thuja Danika and Morgan.
- Junipers. The most beautiful are Chinese, Cossack and scaly juniper. Each variety has its own varieties, which can vary in color and shape of the crown.
- Spruce. For planting in the garden, eastern fir-trees with small but very beautiful needles, as well as bicoloured fir-trees are considered the most popular. You should also look at the spruce under the name prickly Belobok or the small spruce Tompa.
- Pine. Be sure to pay attention to the Italian pine. This species comes from the Mediterranean, so it will most likely not tolerate planting in a harsh climate. Nevertheless, there are many other varieties of pine that winter beautifully in Russia.
If you are seriously going to do landscaping, then you should know what a mixborder. Mixborder is a composition of various plants that frame a walkway or fence.
To create a composition correctly, you need the ability to combine coniferous plants with lawn and ground cover flowers.
- If you decide to create a mixborder near the path, it is best to use small and dwarf plants.
- To create something original, try to combine coniferous trees with deciduous plants of different species.
- Flowers and shrubs of contrasting shapes and shades are sure to attract attention, especially if they are well positioned.
- Bushes of round and spherical shapes are perfectly combined with coniferous creeping plants.
- Do not forget to correctly combine the geometric forms, so that the whole picture of the plants turned out to be harmonious.
- Do not be afraid to create a mix of stunted and tall plants and trees.
- Smooth transitions of shades and forms between the hvoyniki can be recreated if you use their various breeds.
- As horticultural practice shows, any hvoyniki next to water bodies, flowerbeds with bright and flowering plants, as well as with alpine slides, look most impressive.
According to many experts, to orient one or another planting is best to the east or west. Particular attention should be paid to the fact that whatever composition you create, do not overload it.
The presence of different forms and colors of conifers should be moderate.
Ready solutions compositions best to look for in gardening magazines. And to create the ideal coniferous corner, it is best to use the services of real professionals, who will surely pick the right trees and shrubs for your site.They will talk about their proper care and share practical advice, since beginners and amateurs do not always cope with creating the right composition on their own.
Coniferous compositions in the landscape garden are very beneficial combined with roses of various varieties, as well as with hydrangeas and rhododendrons. Especially in summer, the combinations of conifers with flowers look really great. Often coniferous plants are planted next to the barberry. In addition, hvoyniki perfectly get along next to deciduous trees and shrubs, and in color can advantageously complement each other.
We make out flower beds and slides
To create and properly arrange an evergreen oasis in your garden, you must do the following:
- Choose ready or independently develop the design of a future flower bed or slide.
- Decide which trees, shrubs and flowers you will plant, pick them by color.
- If you do not have a very large plot, then predominantly choose medium-growth and short-growing hoyuniki, complementing them with flowers.
- As a base for a flower bed, you can pick up a lawn or creeping branches. Also, as the base can be alpine slide.
- To complement the flower bed, you can use various kinds of decorative stones, where a small pond can be located nearby.
In order to properly arrange a flower bed and a hill, it is very important to know which plants will germinate there and plant them at a certain distance. This is done so that they can fully grow for many years. All plants, including conifers, should be in harmony, do not forget about the proportions of the flower beds.
Beautiful examples and options
- The ephedra in the landscape design of the dacha always attracts a lot of attention from guests and neighbors, especially if it is a hedge or a full-fledged flower bed, which has been properly looked after for years.
- Low-growing coniferous shrubs and hosts are very beautiful and unusual. With the help of semi-circular and round semi-dwarf firs, you can make the most fabulous garden.
- Mountain pine is often planted in large garden pots and placed near the entrance to the house.
- Inverse common fir will help create a magical atmosphere in your garden, because its appearance is really special. Such a conifer does not have to be located with other trees, the spruce tree itself looks very unusual.
- Serbian Christmas tree can be planted next to the fence, because it grows very high. The decoration along the house can be done with the help of short shrubs, alternating them with different flowers, for example, with roses.
- If you just want something beautiful, then a Canadian Christmas tree in the garden will be very helpful. In order not to worry about what plants to supplement it with, just put garden stones near it.
- El Nidiformis looks great without neighboring plants, often its appearance in itself does not require extras. Ideal for those who want to create a garden in the style of minimalism, where there will be nothing superfluous.
How to make beautiful compositions of coniferous plants, see the following video.