Beds of tires: manufacturing ideas
To create an expressive look for the flowerbed, a curb is needed to clearly designate the boundaries of the structure. An unusual solution in this situation is the old car tires, which car owners throw into a landfill as useless, simply polluting the environment. A handmade product made from a used tire will not only help to protect the environment, but will also be a spectacular decoration of a flower bed on your garden plot.
Beds of used tires have a lot of advantages:
- Even a middle-income consumer can afford to break a flower bed at his summer cottage or under the windows of a house, because the tires that have outlived their lives do not represent any material value.Used material can certainly be found in friends car owners who dream of getting rid of old tires. For them, it is rubbish, and for an amateur landscape designer it is the basis of a future masterpiece.
- Used tires no longer have the initial stiffness, so they are easily amenable to any treatment. When decorating use a small set of tools: chalk, a sharp knife or jigsaw, spray paint. The simplest garden design does not require any treatment - put the tire on the ground and fill it with soil.
- The rubber garden accessory is known for its durability: it is not afraid of moisture, does not rot, it is not afraid of bacteria and fungi. The likelihood that it will crack from a mechanical shock or severe frost is too low. But even in this case, the situation is solved - the old tire is easily replaced with another one.
- A bed of used tires is a compact mobile design that is easy to transport and easily changes its location. Nothing prevents you from transporting it even to another city, you just have to remove the old soil.
- Tires characteristic of the ability to transform.Even the unique flower beds, created with love with their own hands, can get bored with time. A simple way to rectify the situation is to repaint the product. With the help of spray paint can be infinitely vary the color range, constantly changing the entourage of the garden area.
- A flower bed from a used wheel is always a win-win for landscape design. Such material allows you to show creativity, express yourself, show your artistic potential.
There are no significant defects in the products. But adherents of classicism do not favor them: some require something more familiar and elegant, others do not want to waste time on the manufacture of decorative compositions.
The disadvantages include the flammability of the material, but with the observance of fire safety, this fact is irrelevant.
How can I do?
To create the simplest flowerbed from the old wheel, step-by-step instructions are not required - it is enough to fill up the soil in the tire and the flowerbed is ready. But even such a trivial thing can be made beautiful, give it a character and add some “zest”.
To create an elegant flowerpot of tires, it is enough to make leaflets or petals of different sizes along the edge:
- To do this, the inner edge of the rubber wheel is cut in the form of a zigzag or wave, then the product is inverted, polished and coated with the desired paint.
- But first, mark the future shape of the flower beds, putting an ornament with chalk. At this stage it is worth giving free rein to the fantasy and to draw any ornament you like.
How to cut?
After applying the marking pattern is required to cut the tire for the future flower beds. This is the most time consuming part of the job. For this you need a sharp knife, jigsaw or grinder. Knife cut a little longer, but Bulgarian melts rubber and adds an unpleasant aroma.
In order to increase the gliding of the knife blade, it can be lubricated with liquid soap during the cutting process. Considerably ease the process will help the use of a jigsaw, which allows you to cut even the most complex shapes.
When cutting can be injured, so be sure to use special gloves and goggles. Work better on a hard, wide surface: a stable table or piece of plywood laid on the ground.
From the abundance of rubber dust, which is famous for Chinese tires, will save the respirator.
Cut the pattern to strictly along the intended line, then the product will turn out smooth and beautiful. The cut part is not discarded; it can be used as a base for a stand or a border for a miniature flower garden.
How to turn out?
To turn the wheel, you need to lay it cut side down, take up the cut edge and try to turn it inside out. It is important to at least begin by doing the manipulations with a small part of the tire. Then the process will go easier - each part will carry away the next. This work requires a certain physical strength, the girls here will not be easy.
How to color?
The process of decorating a tire is the most enjoyable step in manufacturing, it requires advance preparation. The surface of the future form is carefully ground to smooth out roughness and other defects. Then the rubber billet is washed from the fine dirt and dust stuck in the treads, and degreased with a solvent or white spirit. Only after that proceed to painting.
It is possible to paint wheel tires:
- spray gun;
- from the can.
Using a brush allows you to paint even the most inaccessible areas on the surface, including the gaps between the protectors. This method is effective, but takes a lot of time. With the help of a brush they also create thinner graceful patterns, emphasizing the details and shapes of the product.
The sprayer ensures uniform distribution of the coloring matter. The advantage of such staining - the absence of stains and traces of the brush. Paint consumption in this case is slightly higher than in the previous version.
The most convenient way to do this spray, but this method is the most expensive.
Enamel, oil or nitro-paints are used as coloring solutions. The paint is applied not only to the outside, but also captures the upper 10-15 cm of the inner surface. As a primer, it is better to use a layer of white and only after that apply a color layer: so the finish color will be brighter and smoother.
After painting for several days you need to dry the workpiece in the sun.
When painting tires it is worth observing several rules:
- when choosing light shades for the border of the flower bed, the soil inside it will not overheat with the roots of the plants;
- no need to impose a thick layer of paint, otherwise it may crack, especially in frosty winters or scorching summer heat;
- a too colorful flowerpot ornament may distract attention from the flower arrangements themselves.
The color palette is chosen according to the design concept of the garden:
- silver metallic will turn a rubber tire into a glamorous steel vase;
- green color will mask a decorative element on a green lawn;
- bright spectacular shades will allow to make accents on the garden plot.
The form can be left monochromatic or applied with a stencil, decorated with a strip or pattern imitating brickwork, chess - a variety of ornaments provides tremendous opportunities and space for the flight of fantasy to landscape designers.
Where to place?
Regardless of the location of the structure, the flower bed from the old wheel always looks impressive and attracts attention. Freakish figures of car tires can be made to decorate the yard, placing them in the front garden at the entrance or on the playground, they look good in the yard of a private house or in the country.
The flowerbeds are installed directly on the ground or on special supports, hanged on the walls and trees as pots, they are put together pyramids and other complex structures.
If there is a strong fence or a blank wall near the house, a flower bed can be arranged on them by hanging the tires on cables or chains. The space inside is filled with earth, suitable flowering plants are planted. They make holes in the rubber so that there is where to drain the excess water. The bottom of the pot is covered with drainage - enough small stones and sand.
This version of the flower bed is relevant for the verandas or walls of the arbors.
There are a lot of original ideas on how to make a bed of old tires yourself. All that is enough for your creative imagination to create a flower garden, has the right to exist.
The main thing in the landscape design of the backyard plot is to design everything in one style:
- A flower bed can serve tires, stacked on top of each other. Such a fence will not only be a wonderful decoration of the yard, but also allow zoned space around the house.
- The composition in the form of a children's pyramid consists of several wheels of different diameters.The top often serves as a miniature decorative wheel or a pot of flowers.
- Of the many old tires, the construction in the form of a “flower mountain” is well received. The composition does not require cutting and turning out the tires; you just need to paint and assemble them in a certain order. At the base of the mountain there are 6 wheels, on them - 5, then - 3 pieces, one small tire crowns the composition.
- The tire from the machine can be used in an upright position. To do this, it is screwed with a screwdriver to a wooden wall like a mailbox. It will look spectacular climbing plants or flowering nasturtium and petunia.
- Old tires are able to take on the appearance of any animals and birds, insects and other representatives of the fauna. The themes can be dishes or household items, cartoon characters, architectural monuments, flower motifs.
A flower bed in the form of a ladybug or a cup of coffee, funny Minions or the Leaning Tower of Pisa - nothing is impossible for a flexible rubber material.
If the space allows an infield, you can make a flower bed in the form of a flower.The design requires 4 tires, of which 3 must be cut across into two parts - they will become the petals of the future chamomile. The whole tire will be the middle of the flower, around which you need to lay the petals.
Tires are instilled into the ground by 5-6 cm. Previously, all blanks are painted in bright positive colors. Petals can be in the same color scheme, and alternate with each other in 2-3 colors.
Extraordinary addition to the pattern can be glued glass pebbles, on a flower bed such decoration elements will resemble frozen dew drops, which will very much revive the design.
Even those who do not have special artistic skills and a rich imagination will be able to construct such a flower garden. The well of tires does not require a lot of time and special expenses, but it will look spectacular in landscape design.
Such a decorative object will harmoniously complement the cozy atmosphere of the courtyard of a private house, and the bright design of the design will emphasize the beauty of garden flowers.
For the construction will need three old tires of the same size. In each of them, slots are made from opposite sides with a sharp knife in order to insert further support columns for the roof.Pillars can also be installed on the outside of tires, which makes work much easier.
The wheels are stacked on each other to match the slots. Through them pull the supports (usually beams or bars), which are deepened into the ground and instilled. The area under the well must be flat so that the structure is stable.
With a roof that resembles a real one, the well looks more realistic. Therefore, it is better to do it from roofing materials, if any remained from repairs. Between the bars set support under the roof like a crossbar. Slate, metal tile, other sheet material or boards are attached to it.
The easiest option - to make the roof of the cut rubber wheels. They paint the well in any suitable colors, for decoration they often use a pattern in the form of a brickwork.
Tea couple at their summer cottage
Connoisseurs of home comfort will love the flower garden in the form of a tea pair. For it, you will need two tires of different diameters, which must be set on each other - first small, on top of a bigger one, and fasten them with self-tapping screws.
The top of the tire is cut to make the cup realistic and make it a saucer. For the handle use trim.
You can paint the tea set in the appropriate colors, for example, red with white peas. A pale blue or pink palette will fill the landscape with the provencal spirit of the Mediterranean. Using the same technology, a teapot can also be made, but instead of a handle made from scraps of rubber, make a teapot spout.
A flower garden in the form of a funny amphibian will be appreciated by kids, and adults will not be able to pass by the green “princess”. A flower bed in the shape of a frog is easy to perform, in fact, even a child can handle it. All you need is three rubber tires, pre-painted in an emerald hue.
Two wheels are placed next to each other, and the third is placed on top of the center.
For the feet, you can adapt pieces of the old hose and flat trim tires. The eyes of the green beauty can serve as plastic buckets, and a plastic bottle is suitable for the crown. If you want to add glamor, you can stick eyelashes with a glue gun, paint lips with red paint, and finish the image with the arrow of the Frog Princess.
You can also make an interesting flower girl out of old tires. Detailed master class on its production, see the following video.