Plants in landscape design: garden design rules
Landscape design of a country or country house allows you to make the territory beautiful and well-groomed. Improvement of the garden is a rather complicated process, because you need to carefully select all the components so that they harmoniously fit into the exterior. The main garden object is vegetation.
In order for the landscape design to be original, when choosing plants, the following nuances should be taken into account:
- Climatic conditions. Be sure to choose the plants on which the climate of your region will have a positive effect. For example, if you live in a cold area, you do not need to buy heat-loving plants, they will not be able to grow and bloom, but will only spoil the appearance of the garden;
- Characteristics of the site. If it is located on a hill, where the wind is constantly blowing, then you will not take root delicate flowers;
- All plants must be in the same style., as well as all objects of the landscape, must fit into the general atmosphere;
- Soil type: Before choosing vegetation, one should carefully study the features of the land in order to understand which plants will be comfortable in it. The soil can be filled with useful substances, but it will not work to change its composition, no matter how much you want it;
- Single composition - all components must match each other in color. Do not make multi-color compositions, as a rule, it looks too bright and tasteless;
- Do not forget the smell plants so that it is not too sharp;
- Bloom. Remember that all plants bloom in different ways, some in the second year of growth, some at once. Consider this nuance so that your garden will be rich and will delight your eyes all summer long, and, possibly, at the beginning of autumn.
Carefully thoughtful selection of plants - the main rule, which must be taken into account in landscape design.
Among the huge range of plants to choose suitable is not as difficult as it seems at first glance.The main thing is to take into account not only the appearance, but also its peculiarities of vital activity and flowering. Often choose for the garden of medicinal plants.
Mint is beautiful, has a lot of useful properties. The most ancient medicinal plant. Many vitamins and minerals. Tea with mint is very useful, it has a beneficial effect on overall health.
Evergreen trees and shrubs will be an excellent decoration of the garden both in winter and summer. You can plant fir, juniper, pine, thuja. Plot planted with conifers, looks great. But, choosing such plants, remember to what sizes they can grow after a few years. It is better to plant trees that grow for a long time, or dwarf species. Trees such as juniper, thuja and larch take different forms, they will be the pride of their host.
The flower beds are decorated in monochromatic colors, complex and original compositions can be created. Beautifully looks periwinkle as a stand-alone, and in combination with other plants. Flowers are planted either symmetrically with clear geometric shapes, or without adherence to shape, the sizes can be varied, and the flowers are arranged randomly. Also, the beds are simple and multi-level, under the flower garden is chosen a platform for planting flowers.Beds with patterned compositions should be planted with plants with the same flowering period, otherwise the form of flowering will be distorted. One of the most popular perennials are geyhera, hosts are also in demand.
Vertical gardening involves the use of hedges, arches, hanging vases, vertical flower beds. The use of climbing plants significantly decorates buildings, fences and various architectural structures. Such plants quickly grow to 25 meters. And thickets can be given any shape.
The pride of any garden is the alpine slidewhich depicts the world around in a miniature form. Slow-growing miniature shrubs and trees with the original crown shape are becoming increasingly popular. From shrubs and deciduous trees, experts recommend choosing beautiful blooming and decorative leafy species. At the foot of the rock garden is best to plant flowers that are resistant to trampling, whose names are carnation, thyme, phlox.
If the territory of the sun's rays fall in a small amount, then the shadow bushes will be an excellent choice.They are characterized not by beautiful flowering, but by fluffy leaves of various forms. You can choose for the composition of perennials of different sizes, creating a multi-tiered vegetable picture.
Variants of combinations
Any group of plants in landscape design should look beautiful. Even if you dispose of flowers and shrubs in a chaotic manner, they should not look ridiculous. Plants can be combined with each other. When making a garden area, consider a few nuances:
- Coniferous plants look great with roses, deciduous trees and shrubs, heather. They will give the design brightness and contrast. Next to the conifers do not plant birch and bird cherry, they are bad for evergreens;
- It is appropriate to use tall plants near the stairs and retaining walls. As such, the plants are a great decoration of landscape design;
- Designers recommend placing trees and shrubs in flower beds, and you can plant them near flowerbeds;
- Coniferous trees of the pyramidal form will become an adornment of reservoirs, stone hills. Beautifully they look on the differences of relief and are an excellent addition to rock garden.
It only seems that placing plants in a garden is easy and simple. In fact, the work of a landscape designer is very complicated. When creating a composition, it is necessary to take into account every detail, even the smallest, only in this case, harmony can be achieved in the garden.
Plants should be planted, given their growth: tall shrubs or flowers a great place to be in the center of the flower bed.
Along the garden paths without hard coating, you can plant a barberry, iris, medunitsu, cuff. If the path is hidden from the sun, then the best choice would be lilies of the valley, fern, bathing. And along the paths of rubble or stone it is recommended to plant peonies, lilies, carnations.
All your favorite geyhery should be planted in the shade of other plants.
Uneven areas are often decorated with loose stones. Where the slope is large, you can create the original stone garden, and in areas with a slight slope it is better to create an alpine slide composition.
With a sharp difference in height, it is best to make several terraces on the territory, which can be combined with stairs, but this will cost a lot. If the slope is small and does not block access to grass care, then the lawn should be divided into uneven parts.
Each landscape composition has its own shade, what will you have - it all depends on the wishes and requirements. Today you can choose a variety of plants - from the most colorful to calm green shades.
The territory of the garden, which is practically all in the shade, must be additionally “illuminated”. The best way to cope with this task is the plants of pale pink, light yellow or lavender color. Plants with dark green leaves will make the exterior even darker.
On the sunny side of the garden you can plant shrubs and flowers with bright green leaves and stems. Red, blue, violet saturated colors will look great. Pastel colors are best left for another part of the garden.
As for the combination of colors, for this it is better to use a special color wheel, with which you can understand which shades are combined. For example, blue and purple flowers will visually look more voluminous and luxuriant. If you plant a row of bright yellow, purple and orange flowers, then you will create a luxurious flower bed, which will not remain without the attention of guests.
To make the garden look harmonious, it is necessary to select all the components in the same style. There are several styles of landscape design:
- English - The main purpose of this style is the imitation of the natural landscape. A distinctive feature is the asymmetry and the complete absence of geometric shapes. The English garden must always be neat, the plants always trimmed;
- French style - a feature is the rigor of forms and symmetry. It is necessary to use axial compositions when the main object is located in the center. Decorate the garden will be able to various sculptures and ponds;
- Scandinavian - in the garden of this style is chaotic, but at the same time harmoniously arranged all the components. Garden furniture is recommended to use wicker or wood. Stones are a mandatory component of the Scandinavian garden;
- Japanese style - his main idea is to unite with nature. Inappropriate use of strict geometric shapes. In the exterior should be calm and pastel shades;
- High tech - modern style, which has a simple and concise look. Style implies both symmetry and asymmetry. It is easy to clean, functional and original.
It would seem that creating a garden is quite simple - in one place I put a gazebo, a little further on the brazier and planted flowers. But the result is a heaped area, where all the components look awkward.
To avoid this, you can use the advice of experts:
- Uniform style - the garden should correspond to the architecture of the house, complement it and have a common central idea;
- Central components - create key points that will be the focus of all guests. Note that several central compositions are recommended to be placed at the corners of the territory;
- Practicality - when choosing arbors, benches, playgrounds, be sure to consider the material of manufacture and finishing. It is important that they are resistant to extreme temperatures, harsh winters, otherwise you will have to update these components every year;
- Functionality - think carefully about the location of all elements, when all the work is completed, it will be difficult to supplement the garden, any changes can spoil the overall look;
- Hide all the flaws - at each site there are some flaws that you want to hide, it can even be a simple trash can.
If you take into account all the above rules, then you will get a harmonious and functional garden, which will reign in a pleasant atmosphere.
Stylish examples and options
You can create your own unique garden with your own hands, having carefully studied all the information. If you are afraid that you will not cope with this task, ask for help from experienced landscape designers. They will create a garden that fully meets your requirements and wishes.
Various schemes of flower arrangements, as well as ready-made solutions will be offered to you by experienced designers, you can choose those options that will fully meet your requirements and wishes.
In landscape design, geyhers are used to create bright, unique accents. Also effectively they fill the gaps in the flower beds. Geykhery look very good throughout the season. The plant tolerates low temperatures and has endurance.
Very beautiful plants that actively grow in breadth. You can often see bright colorful carpets from these plants. Active plants bloom in spring. Flowers can be evergreen, resistant to low temperatures.
Hosts have consistent stamina and appeal. The leaves open in April and look fresh until the middle of October. The plant is different endurance, loves penumbra. Propagated by dividing the bushes in the spring months.
As a result, you will have your own paradise, where you can relax from the hustle and bustle of the city.
For information on how to choose plants in landscape design, see the following video.