Choosing lambrequins in the nursery
If the sun often looks in the windows of the nursery, it is not necessary to keep the curtains closed. Experiment with lambrequins. They will make the room more elegant and cozy, and even behind them it is easy to hide ugly structures. Choosing lambrequins in the nursery, you should pay attention not only to their design. Construction and material are equally important parameters.
In the variety of lambrequins can be divided into 3 main groups:
- Soft - This fabric is located in different ways. Lambrequin on the drawstring - the simplest product of this group. It is a cut of fabric, to the upper edge of which a ribbon or curtain tape is sewn. With it, you can form a variety of folds.
- Tough - have a solid base, covered with a cloth. Close the cornice not only in front, but also on the sides. The base can be made of wood, plywood, non-woven or dublerin.
- Combined - combine elements on a solid base with draperies.
To hang soft lambrequins, use curtain rods with several guides: the decoration is located on a separate line. Products with a rigid base are attached to their own ledge or ledge with adhesive tape.
Soft lambrequins with complex draperies are beautiful, but impractical for the nursery. Dust accumulates in the folds, so products will have to be washed at least 2 times a month. It is advisable to use simple options, with a small number of assemblies, which are conveniently dried in a straightened form.
In the room of a child who suffers from asthma or allergic attacks, such decorations cannot be hung.
The easiest way to care for a rigid structure is to collect dust with a damp cloth. Experts recommend using such products to decorate the nursery. They are both straightforward and of unusual shape: such a lambrequin will be the basis for a composition on a topic that is interesting to the child.It can be decorated with, for example, appliqué fabric, sequins, decorative cords.
In different styles
Window decoration allows you to more accurately work out the style of the interior. In a room with a concise design, shiny fabrics and falling drapes will look ridiculous, and vice versa.
The most appropriate abundance of folds will be combined with the palace style. The soft lambrequin can be made of thin or thick fabric, perhaps from the same as the curtains. Suit and solid model with undulating edges. Openwork rigid structures look unusual. In combination with tulle curtains, they will turn an ordinary room into a princess bedroom or an elf shelter.
Bright large patterns will argue with folds, so one-colored fabric is more suitable for draperies.
If the room is decorated in a classic style, then the lambrequin of any shape will look beautiful. This also applies to "village" directions. The product can be monophonic or with a pattern. For classics, it is better to choose the first option or find a non-contrast geometric print. Calm natural colors and shades of white will do.
The interiors of Provence and Country styles are devoid of rigor. There is room for experimentation not only with the shape, but also with the coloring. Provence is more sophisticated and elegant, it often uses flower motifs and polka dots. For country is characterized by a cell and stripes.
For children in a modern style fit simple straight models. They can be hard or fabric of any density. It will look good and rich colors, and muted, it depends on the taste and temperament of the child. In any minimalist interiors, lambrequins with plot drawings and complex ornaments will not look overkill.
How to choose
Material pelmets match the material of the curtains or differ in color and texture. It is good if this detail of an interior will be in harmony with other textiles and wall-paper.
Very bright curtains with pictures will balance monophonic decoration. Curtains of a simple cut without a print can be enlivened by a lambrequin that stands out against them. And to choose a beautiful combination of textiles with different prints is quite difficult.
Many designers are sure that lighting and textiles create the atmosphere of the room.
If the child is old enough, ask him to choose these parts together.
If there is no opportunity for joint creativity, then you can offer several guidelines.
- In the baby's room, it is desirable to hang the accessory with a small number of assemblies or without them. If you want this detail to attract the attention of the baby, choose a model with contrasting geometric patterns or a subject picture with large, well-recognized figures. You can stay at calm lambrequins, which are well combined with curtains.
- Older boys will enjoy compositions that are sustained in the colors of their favorite characters or related to their hobbies. Both bright, multi-colored, and monophonic products will approach. The younger boy’s room will be revived by colorful cells and stripes; the teenager may like inscriptions and graffiti. The form should be as simple as possible: lambrequins from dense fabric without assemblies or rigid will look good.
- The girl window can be decorated with ruffles and ruffles, lace and braid. They can be decorated with floral patterns. It will be appropriate and translucent, and thick fabric, and rigid designs. Adolescent girls prefer simpler but more sophisticated forms.In the design of their rooms, you can use multi-layered composition of tulle.
- There are several themes that excite the imagination of both boys and girls: the sea, the magical forest, the starry sky.
- Warm colors create a feeling of warmth, cold ones bring freshness.
- Bright colors fill with energy, so you should not use them in a very active child's room. It will be easier for him to calm down, looking at the curtains of muted or pastel colors.
- Blue is not only boyish. Textiles of delicate light blue and turquoise shades will decorate both the baby's bedroom and girls of 15-17 years old.
Examples in the interior
Pink lambrequin complements the decor of the bedroom in the palace style. Numerous drapes are combined with the smooth curves of furniture and fancy patterns on the wallpaper.
And here the character of the room is created mainly by textiles. Air curtains and canopy over the bed added to the nursery, furnished with simple furniture, tenderness and comfort. Translucent fabric mutes the contrast of green curtains and pink lambrequin.
Bedroom teenage girl, the design of which is built on a combination of blue and white. A short lambrequin combines several types of curtains,gives the composition an impression of completeness.
The combination of a hard lambrequin and curtains-veils decorate the room and the boy. Monochromatic light fabric without a pattern with a dark blue lambrequin reminds of the sea, travels and adventures. Here, an almost openwork accessory is selected, but simpler forms will also look impressive.
Another option for decorating a boy's room. On the chair cushion and lambrequin - the same image, which echoes the print on the wallpaper.
Lambrequin is a decorative addition to curtains, and not always it consists of solemn draperies. Designers use different versions of this decoration. It will help to diversify the atmosphere of the nursery and make it more comfortable.
About what curtains lambrequins sew in the nursery, see the following video.