Decorative brick: use in the interior and tips for making
The decorative brick is imitation of a bricklaying. Finishing material helps to decorate the wall without using wood, wallpaper or plaster. Some believe that using this finishing option it is impossible to create a cozy and pleasant design, others are confident that the brickwork in the room is what will help to make the original and unusual style. Before choosing a material, it is necessary to become familiar with its characteristics and types in order to acquire exactly what will fit the interior of the room.
Advantages and disadvantages
Decorative brick - the material is highly demanded and popular due to the excellent technical characteristics. Due to its advantages, it attracts the attention of many people. The main positive qualities.
- It has a small thickness, so it can be used even in small rooms. Quite often there are brick masonry from the interior brick in the hallway.
- It retains heat well, has low permeability. Insulation performance - the most significant plus products.
- It is made from high-quality, safe materials that do not emit any harmful substances, is environmentally friendly, and is not capable of causing allergic reactions.
- Easy to install, because the elements are lightweight and easily attached to the walls with special glue. Even a person without experience will be able to finish the material.
- Quite easily cut off if necessary, it can be used for the design of corners and joints.
As with any finishing material, decorative bricks have drawbacks:
- the surface of the elements is rough;
- low hygroscopicity
These characteristics do not allow the use of elements when finishing any problem areas, for example, some types cannot be used to decorate an apron in the kitchen.
There are several types of decorative bricks. Each of them has its own characteristics and qualities, so before purchasing any of the elements it is worth exploring the features of all the options in order to choose the most suitable one.
- In the manufacture of clinker bricks They take ceramics as a basis, so sometimes they can call it ceramic. It can last for a long time, even if the humidity in the room is high. It is not heavily polluted, it is easy to clean, so quite often you can see this type of brick in the design of the wall in the kitchen or in the bathroom. The material is not afraid of changing temperatures, so it can be used in rooms that are not heated. The most durable and practical option. In the production process, the mass from which the elements are made is subjected to double thermal hardening, which allows the laying of clinker elements both on the wall and on the floor. Another positive quality is the non-uniform color gamut.This type has the highest cost.
- Gypsum (Venetian Stone) has an adequate value. It is quite fragile, but despite this, it can serve for many years, as it is practical and hygroscopic. One of the varieties of such bricks is cement. It is stronger, not afraid of mechanical effects. Sticker items are made quickly and easily.
- The original and unusual type of finishing material - flexible brick. It is a decorative tile that can quickly and easily change shape when heated (you can use a warm stream of air from a hairdryer). This is a unique option that makes it very convenient to design walls with a complex configuration, a wide variety of projections, columns or arched ceilings.
- Wall panels - material that is made of MDF, glass fiber concrete and PVC. It is extremely easy to use, it is durable enough due to the protective coating that allows the elements to withstand friction and moderate shocks. The ideal option for decoration of a restaurant or bar. With its help, amazing authentic interiors are created. It can last for fifteen years without losing quality and attractive appearance. It has a small weight and thickness, it is widely used when finishing plasterboard partitions.It is easily processed, it is possible to cut an element by means of a usual knife, it is simple in installation. Resistant, not afraid of high humidity, mold or mildew. There are many different options for the design of such elements, so you can choose something interesting from the variety of shades and variety of textures.
Masonry of decorative bricks suitable for many styles of interior, it is only important to properly arrange the surface. The unique texture of this material is ideal for a loft style. Any room will look more aesthetic and original. You can use items in the kitchen or bedroom. Most often in this style decorative brick is used to design one wall, which is an accent. The color of the elements can be any, depending on the taste of the owners. You can give preference to light tones, as well as bright, rich shades - brown or brick. If the room is spacious, the black accent wall will look extraordinary and beautiful.
If the room is decorated in country style, brick is used for one wall, which is the background. Typically, this design is chosen for the kitchen.Often rooms can be decorated with inserts from elements along the doorway or arch. Typically, interiors in a similar style are extremely light and simple and create an atmosphere of ease. It is extremely important not to use for the design of heavyweight elements that can disrupt the harmony created.
Unusual and creative style for lovers of all the interesting and incredibly aesthetic - gothic. It is made out in gloomy shades. It is worth using a brick of black color. The interior will look elegant, as it combines deliberate severity and romanticism.
The most trendy and modern style is minimalism. The design uses a minimum amount of detail, the decor is extremely restrained, strict and concise. The main color is white, but some color accents can be allowed. White brickwork - exactly what is needed for such an interior. Good "partners" for her will be wallpaper of light shades, having a light print and a floor of wood.
In order for the design of any of the interiors to look beautiful and aesthetically pleasing, it is necessary to correctly select the areas and shades of the product.You should purchase something that will be in harmony with the palette of design and furniture.
It is necessary to take a very careful look at the design of this room, since it is in it that various celebrations, family gatherings and meetings of friends are often held. Modern interiors allow the use of an emphasis in the form of a brick wall, making the room more comfortable and atmospheric. Masonry is a wonderful decorative element, so it is not necessary to decorate it in any way. If you still want to add something, you can put on the wall a few beautiful photos or posters. They will look harmonious and will not litter the room.
For the living room, you can choose any shade of the product. It is important that it is successfully combined with the design. Some draw one wall, while others decorate individual sections. Both options look decent. Incredibly attractive and interesting looking fireplace or stove made of brick, as well as a niche in the wall, which will create a special, pleasant and cozy atmosphere. The ideal option for a living room combined with a kitchen is a medium-sized brick wall that will help divide the zones.
Brick elements in the design look extremely warm, so quite often this element is used when designing the bedroom. The brick is perfectly combined with various facing materials. Often it is used to decorate the wall at the head of the beds or the one on which the TV panel is located. If the room is too narrow, and the back side of the bed is located near a long wall, it is this surface that is decorated with interior brick. This allows you to make the room wider, as the wall moves away visually.
If the corridor is small, decorating with a bright decorative material, the surface of which is glossy, is suitable. This option allows you to make the room larger and more spacious. Most often, this solution is used for Scandinavian style or minimalism. You can make a fragmentary brick finish in red by making out the corners, the areas at the joints of the surfaces, the zones of the arches and the opening of the entrance door. If the room is large, the clutch can help with zoning.
Even if the room is extremely large, you should not use too many bricks in its design,as this may spoil the interior. It is better to make brickwork a link between different types of finishes. It is necessary to correctly determine the wall on which the material will be placed: the brickwork should be on the surface on which natural light falls. If there is a desire to use red brick, it is better to use sources of additional lighting, since such elements will absorb light.
It should be remembered that some types of interior brick is not suitable for the design of the apron. It is worth choosing wall panels or tiles. Such materials easily cope with any operating conditions.
Bathroom and toilet
The microclimate in the bathroom and the bathroom is specific, so interior brick is not a very good option for these rooms. If it is still used, the elements should be treated with a special tool that relieves the owner of the apartment from mold. It is also better to use antibacterial composition. The rough surface of the brickwork and the white plumbing is a combination that looks extremely attractive.In most cases, surfaces are made using plastic panels or tiles that mimic a brick.
Making a loggia with decorative brick is a good idea, because it looks harmonious and beautiful. If the balcony is small, it is worth choosing more subtle elements. Through this decoration, you can create a cozy and pleasant room for rest and relaxation. Both light and dark bricks are used. If you wish, you can arrange a place around the doorway with gray or aged brick. Both options look very interesting and modern.
How to do it yourself?
Some people like to make decorative tiles for decoration with their own hands, as if you make your own, you can create an unusual texture. It is extremely easy to make, it does not require any special equipment. The material made of foam is the easiest option to help decorate the original interior. To create such a product, you need a fine-grained foam. It must be cut to make individual elements (25 to 12 centimeters).If the surface is perfectly smooth, you can glue the bricks directly onto it. If not, a plywood base panel is manufactured.
The elements are fixed on the panel using a PVA with a gap, which is an imitation of natural brickwork (10-15 millimeters). To make laying more natural, you need to apply cracks with a knife or a soldering iron (you can use a sharp object). Next, the panel is placed on the wall, after which you can paint the elements with acrylic paint. It should be applied two or three layers, starting with a dark shade and ending light. Spray cans are best for painting.
Beautiful examples in the interior
With the help of brickwork you can make an incredible interior, which will please the owner of the apartment for a long time, creating a warm atmosphere.
- Light design in which a brick wall of decorative material of gray shades extremely harmoniously blends in.
- An interesting solution for bold and creative personalities who make a laconic interior.
- Nice design in which the brickwork is an element of decor.
How to make a decorative brick with your own hands, see the next video.